Monday, March 12, 2018

REMINDER of how it ends.

First they came for the Trump supporters, and I did not speak out because I wasn't a Trump supporter. Then they came for the Republicans, and I did not speak out because I wasn't a Republican. Then they came for free speech, and I did not speak out because I preferred to keep silent. Then they came for the guns, and I did not speak out because I didn't own a firearm. Then they came for the Christians, and I did not speak out because I was not a Christian. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the police, and I did not speak out because I didn't need the police, I had a security system and a gate around my house. Then they came for the whites, and I did not speak out because I was not white. Then they came for the men, and I did not speak out because I was a feminist. Then they came for the heterosexuals, and I did not speak out because I was gay. Then they came to confiscate private property, and I did not speak out because I didn't own any property. When they finally came for me, there was nobody left to speak for me. There was nobody left to hear me scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment