Friday, June 1, 2018

Why Won't Facebook Respond To My Appeals?

These are the print screens of my, Peggy Traeger Tierney's, numerous attempts to file an appeal with Facebook regarding their blocking my account for 30 days because of my post reporting on Chelsea Manning's suicide attempt. Facebook asked me to  tell them why I should be unblocked. I then wrote an appeal, per their request. They then tell me they are "unable to process my request." Is this how it works? Phony requests for customer feedback? Blocking people for no reason?

This is what I wrote and am trying to send to Facebook. Does anyone know how to get it to them? 


"Facebook: There was nothing hateful in my post reporting on the suicide attempt by Chelsea Manning. It was the truth. Every statement I made is supported by research and relevant articles written by mainstream news sources that you allow to appear on Facebook. My opinion that transgenderism is a mental illness is well-documented. Even the most famous gay feminist of all time - Camille Paglia - agrees with me. She says transgenderism is a fad of culture and sign of society decay. Many scholars and medical professionals agree that transgenderism is a mental illness - no different than anorexia or body dysmorphia. Also, the suicide rate for transgenders is extremely high and pre and post surgery rates are the same. Why am I blocked for expressing an opinion that transgenderism should be dealt with through therapy and not normalized and glorified. Tell me where the law says that group should be provided special privileges? I am deaf. I am not allowed in the military...nor should I be. I have a physical disability that prevents me from serving. I am not granted special privileges. 


IMHO, transgenders have a mental disability that should prevent them from serving. The military PROHIBITS people with conditions like ADHD, bipolar, anorexia, depression, self-mutiliation, OCD, addiction, mood disorders - not to mention countless medical conditions - from serving. Why is it wrong for me to express my opinion that a transgender individual has mental health issues that cannot be resolved with surgery and that it is a mental disability that should render them unfit for military duty? Why is it wrong for me to inform the public that Chelsea Manning, who is running for a Senate seat in Maryland, announced on Twitter she wanted to kill herself...with a photo standing on the ledge of a tall building? Don't you think voters need to have that kind of information to make a sound decision about the leadership of our nation? You want voters to know every other element of a candidate's background. Including their sexual history. Yet, a suicide attempt is not worthy news to be reported on Facebook? I think a suicide threat should be reported for ANY candidate running for office. There is nothing hateful in the truth."

Peggy Traeger Tierney



No comments:

Post a Comment