Tuesday, February 12, 2019

MUELLER HAS NOTHING AND PROBABLY WON'T ISSUE A REPORT.

JOHN DOWD, PRESIDENT TRUMP'S FORMER LAWYER, SAYS MUELLER HAS NOTHING AND PROBABLY WON'T ISSUE A REPORT.
"I know exactly what Mueller has. I know exactly what every witness said, what every document said. I know exactly what he asked. And I know what the conclusion or the result is. There's no basis. There's no exposure. It's been a terrible waste of time.”
"I don't think there'll be a report. If I was supervising Mueller, I would tell him to ‘knock it off, get it done.' Your job is to find out if there's collusion or there was obstruction. And the answer's ‘no,’ so let's get on with it.”
Dowd said that at one point after Comey appeared before Congress, he wrote to Rosenstein to ask for the Justice Department to investigate whether the former FBI director lied in his testimony.
“I asked Rosenstein to investigate Comey for lying before Congress. He blew me off. That's not leadership. That's not accountability. We did it in writing. We did it politely. We did it confidentially. And he just blew us off. So, I lost all respect for Rod Rosenstein.”
“[They are prosecuting] what I call nickel-dime process crimes. I ran a strike force. I ran big corruption cases. I didn't go around, picking scabs and just making any case I could make. If there was a petty case, I shifted it to someone else. I didn't do it. And that's where I disagree with Bob. This investigation should have ended last year, and I'm surprised that Mueller and Rosenstein instead allowed it to go on."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-lawyer-slams-mueller-probe-maintains-president-cleared/story?id=60967234