Thursday, May 31, 2018

Roseanne Speaks

Roseanne on Twitter:
"I begged Ben Sherwood at ABC to let me apologize and make amends. I begged them not to cancel the show. I told them I was willing to do anything and asked for help in making things right. I'd worked doing publicity for them for free for weeks, traveling, through bronchitis. I begged for peoples' jobs.
He said: "What were you thinking when you did this?" I said: "I thought Valerie was white, she looks like my family!" He scoffed and said: "What you have done is egregious, and unforgivable." I begged for my crew's jobs. Will I ever recover from this pain? omg
Please don't compare me to other people who have said horrible things. I only care about apologizing for the hurt I have unwittingly & stupidly caused. I humbly confess contrition & remorse. I failed to correctly express myself and caused pain to people. I just wish ABC had not thrown two of the greatest actors in the world out with me-Laurie and John. I'm so sick over this-they will never have better character actors on their network.
I'm not a racist, I never was and I never will be. One stupid joke, in a lifetime of fighting for civil rights for all minorities against networks, studios, at the expense of my nervous system, family and wealth will NEVER be taken from me.
I think I'll be better tomorrow. The saddest part of all is for Jayden Rey on the show whom I grew to love so much & am so ashamed of myself that she would ever think I do not love her because she is African American. It's the most gawd awful painful thing. I can't let myself cave in though. They won't stop 'til I die. I fear. Pray for me."
Ben Sherwood is the Co-Chairman of Disney Media Networks, and the President of Disney-ABC Television Group. Sherwood is the former President of ABC News.

No comments:

Post a Comment